The Projector, Singapore
TRANSFORMING AN OLD CINEMA COMPLEX INTO A NEW MULTIPURPOSE CINEMA, DINING AND EVENT SPACE
The Site: 2 run-down cinemas at the Golden Mile Tower, Beach Road, Singapore!
The Challenge: To bring the public back to these once-popular cinema spaces
The Vision: To bring together engaging films, good food and open-minded people, and interesting spaces
- Adapt the old cinemas into usable, more flexible spaces that enable alternative uses
- Inject new life into the spaces by building an operating business to drive content and re-introduce the building back to the public
- Combine design and content: Unexpected interior design, soft furnishing solutions and relaxed in-movie dining together imbibe a more relaxed and communal feel, while still offering the high quality technical requirements of any cinema.
- Curate content that fills a gap in the market; reinvent the Singaporean cinema experience, and stand apart from existing chains with bespoke film programmes, one-of-a-kind events, imaginative multi-use spaces and an inviting café.
Our Unique Approach:
- A collaborative partnership between Pocket Projects, FARM, Golden Bar and Luna Films bringing together design, content , dining and development expertise into one joined-up effort.
Pocket Projects Roles:
- Sponsorship and overall project and business operations
- Concept proposal and development
- Partnership structuring
- Market research and concept testing
- Development and Design Management
- Project Management
- Marketing Management
- Feasibility testing and financial management
- Events Programming
Photos by Philipp Aldrup, Pieter van Goethem.